True independence for advisors in the category of investment solutions means choice and objectivity. With Freedom Advisors, you select from an expansive model marketplace.
500 models from 100 model providers
Outsource: Model Marketplace
Recognized, high-quality investment portfolio model providers create an exclusive list where select diversified models are one click away.
We invite you to learn about our proprietary models.
Not only do the 3D and EQIS investment teams conduct exhaustive due diligence on the asset managers and model portfolios made available on Freedom Advisors, we also offer a wide variety of our own models across the risk spectrum from multi-manager models to single-strategist ETF and fund models.
Every investment firm and advisor is talking about fractional shares lately. What are they, exactly? It’s pretty simple: a fractional share is less than one full share of a stock. Rather than a unit of ownership measured by whole shares, it is measured by dollar amounts.
Where do Fractional Shares Come From?
There are several ways a stock can be fractionalized:
- During a stock split, if shares cannot be split evenly
- During company mergers, combined stock values may result in some fractional shares
- Dividend reinvestment programs
- Some financial institutions offer their clients the option to purchase fractional shares
The Benefits of Fractional Shares
The primary benefit is simple. Fractional shares enable ownership of stock that may otherwise be too costly for the investor to access. For example, one share of the fictional ABC Company costs $5,000. But with fractional shares, an investor can own $100 of ABC Company stock, or just 2% of a share.
EQIS has been leveraging the power of fractional shares technology for over a decade
By trading in dollar amounts rather than share quantities, EQIS investors own individual securities in the percentages and ratios recommended by our money managers. This permits broad diversification across equity styles, asset classes, geographic regions, and philosophies with a smaller portion of the assets normally required to create the same portfolio in whole shares. EQIS’s fractional share technology allows accounts to benefit from a diversified allocation from multiple institutional and boutique money managers with a low account minimum.*
On the Freedom Advisors platform there are several ways a stock can be fractionalized:
- Individual investors don’t need to worry about meeting money manager minimums.
- The integrity of portfolio construction is not compromised due to money manager minimum requirements
- Fractional share technology enables accounts with $25,000 or more to have a diversified, multi-manager allocation without regard for the normal manager-direct account minimums.
* $25,000 account minimum. Fractional shares are not available at every custodian.
Portfolio Strategy Consulting
Freedom Advisors consultants partner with advisors to assist with portfolio strategy, including model building, investment analytics, proposal generation, investor presentations, and any other ways we can assist advisors in investment management, navigating and leveraging all the resources of Freedom Advisors, and any other ways we can help your practice thrive.
What is True
Download now and learn more about how to control your destiny and your client experience.